Information for Buyers
Buying an urban home is an energizing and fun process! That said, any real estate transaction can be complex and challenging at times, especially those involving urban and historic homes. We are here to make the process rewarding for you. Our goal is for you to be 100% satisfied when the process is complete. Each year, over 90% of our business comes from past clients and referrals from past clients and friends. Our clients turn to us time and time again because they trust that we will provide the best service possible.
Regardless of whether this is your first home purchase or you are a seasoned veteran, it is essential that you meet with us face to face (or at least converse by phone) before the house hunting begins. Below are some steps that explain how the typical purchase process works.
Initial Client Meeting:
Meeting face to face with your future Realtor is essential so they can discover what your needs and wants are, explain the process, and have a better sense of how you will work together as a team in finding your next home. In this meeting, plan to discuss a few questions with us:
- What is your timeline for purchasing your next home?
- Do you have a home that needs to sell prior to buying another?
- What is your financial situation and have you met with a mortgage lender yet?
- What style of home and what neighborhood are you looking for?
- Narrow your search over internet/email
- Search narrowed properties in person
- Decide on an appropriate offer
- Negotiate the offer to reach a contract
- Hire home inspector to examine the property
- Negotiate repairs (if needed) with seller
- Sign all closing papers
- Deed and title transferred into your name